Wednesday 29 October 2008

Vote Early, Vote Often

Why are all these people standing in line?
Waiting for a bus? A two for one price special at Walmart? Waiting for the Bingo Palace to open?

None of the above.

They are patiently waiting for more than an hour outside the Ormond Beach Public Library for their chance to vote early in the US Presidential election. Daily voting hours have been extended to 7:00am to 7:00pm to accommodate the unprecedented crowds who want to take advantage of the early vote.
So now the big decision is.... who to vote for. McCain & Palin or Obama & Biden? There's not much danger of forgetting their names on the way to the polling station.

But wait.... perhaps there's a third choice..... LEX!

Lex told us he has trained dolphins for the FBI and the CIA, and he was in Texas at the same time as Princess Diana and helped with a murder investigation at the hotel she was staying in, until they ran him out of town.

I guess we know who The Space Cadet is voting for!

16 comments:

  1. Too funny. I'm glad you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a friend who wants to write in her pet's name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After this election, we'll all need to spend some time in your "Rush Hour." Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost time! (Hey, I never understood that saying about voting often. Don't we all just get one ballot per election?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which one is the space cadet?

    Thought you were back, but guess not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun,its all happening in America at th mo!!! Wonder who will win???

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beyond my understanding how anyone could still NOT know who they are voting for 5 days before the Election.
    I have already voted...Absentee Ballott...About 10 days ago. And there was NEVER any question of who I was going to vote for. WE NEED SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Fresh, New, We Need Hope!
    Mr. Obama gives me that.

    Hope you are having a wonderful time, my dear...
    I cannot believe that your dear Gramdchild is over 8 months old! Where did the time go!

    HAPPY HALLOWEEN, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. People don't seem to realize how fragile the U.S. voting process has become during the past 8 years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's too funny Shammie.
    Enjoy every minute of that vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This early voting, after all the glitches, has been a wonderful option for us this year, Sham. Donica and I voted on Tuesday and are glad it's done. Sure makes you wonder what things will look like next week, after it's all done and over with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well ... Did you already vote also?

    Surprised to see the number of votes which re given in advance.

    Once more, I'm sorry that we foreigners cannot vote also. :-) Your choice is so importat to all of us. I saw on a site with a few hundred thousand foreign "voters" that 87% have voted for Obama. If the election took place in Europe, no doubt who would win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooo i've been missing your holiday posts!

    love the picture of the sandy footprint

    hah. word verification is "panics"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this!!!what a hoot....I'm with
    the space cadet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so impressed with Lex's designer t-shirt.

    Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  15. if it didn't invalidate my ballot, I'd vote for Garfield. I am so very tired of politics

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..