Saturday 16 June 2012

Border Crossing

He did it! I don't really know why he did it, other than the fact that nobody else has ever done it, but he did it! What a spectacle. And he was so calm and collected, no sign of any nerves at all. I was more nervous than he was. Just cool confidence that he was going to reach the other side safely. And he even gave a couple of interviews from high above the Falls.
And when he finally reached the other side, two Canadian Customs Officers were waiting for him, and he had to produce his passport, just like any other traveller crossing the border between the U.S.A. and Canada.
Simply a slightly unorthodox form of travel, that's all!

Congratulations to daredevil Nik Wallenda. You survived all the publicity and hoopla, and you survived Niagara Falls. Here's what the Toronto Star had to say.

With the Olympics coming up soon, I wonder if high wire walking could be made an Olympic sport? Nik would win the gold, for sure.

13 comments:

  1. Goodness, he didn't have to go back for his passport then...lol. I don't think I could have even watched him doing this, but all credit to the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Nik.
    It was shown on our TV but I missed it. Thanks for showing it. I was able to watch from a video from the Toronto Daily Star - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Fantastic! Ut's almost beyond comprehension...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great - we were wondering if he had managed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, THANK YOU for showing this, Sham. I had seen on CNN Int'l that he was gonna do it but never saw the follow-up. YAY! I'm glad they finally made an exception to the ban and now we all can breathe a bit easier. Yes, he did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours are the first photos I've seen of the daredevil feat. Thanks!
    Cop Car

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw it on the news but not in so much detail. It was an amazing feat and I was so nervous for him.
    Thanks for showing us close up photos. Hes a really courageous man.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra in Northamptonshire, England.19 June 2012 at 17:53

    Well done that man but why put oneself through it? I heard that he had to be persuaded to wear the safety harness. It's in his genes - members of his family tightrope walk now and have done in the past. One lost his life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad for him that he was able to realize his passion this way. I'm relieved that he had to wear the harness. It just wouldn't make for good family viewing had he fallen. Though the therapists would be busy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of the world-famous "Flying Wallendas" of the past?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched this on TV too. I couldn't get over how calm he was.
    Fascinating and that producing his passport was a bit mindboggling to me. (:0)

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..