Monday 6 October 2014

Markham Fair 1

If it's the first week of October, then it must be Markham Fair, and that means goodbye to summer and fall is definitely here. It was blustery with a mixture of clouds and sunshine, but regardless of the weather, everyone has fun at the Fair!

Squash soup, anyone? Quite a selection here to choose from.
Perhaps you would prefer mixed vegetable soup?
First prize for the heaviest potato, weighing in at 3.83 pounds, enough to feed the whole family.

Prize pumpkin weighing 213 pounds.
More pictures to come!

8 comments:

  1. Fairs are fun. I must get me to one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I missed the fair this year! Glad you were there, though, and took some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the first time I saw a really big pumpkin. I was visiting a farm with my mum, who was collecting cabbages for the shop she worked in. I must have been about 4 years old. They had a patch of pumpkins up against the side of a barn, and they were massive, bigger than I was! I was fascinated and was sad to leave them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to a fall fair for such a long time. There's a big one around here in Carp, but we are usually away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great! And that huge pumpkin... oh my! I wouldn't have needed to resort to green screen tricks to appear smaller than that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this time of year! That's one huge potato!!! Can't imagine picking a 200 lb. pumpkin!

    Enjoy the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Fall and all the wonderful veggies and colors.
    That's a big pumpkin.
    Fairs are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing---all the different kids of Gourds and Pumpkins! Fall is definitely there! Summer is still here, Big Time!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..