Wednesday 8 March 2017

Big Fish, Little Fish

A trip to Ripley's Aquarium of Canada is always fun. I was there with the family a couple of years ago, here, and this time I met with some English friends who were on vacation and joined them in being a tourist for the day.
The Aquarium opened in October 2013. It's right downtown in Toronto, located at the foot of the CN Tower. Lots of big numbers here: 16,000 marine animals; 135,000 square feet; 1.5 million gallons (5.7 million litres) of water; 17 habitats; more than 100 different species of fish; the world's most extensive jellyfish exhibit.








It was the perfect day to see the fish. No huge crowds to battle as the children are still in school. It will be a different story next week during March Break.

14 comments:

  1. Wow. That is a sight I would LOVE to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Shammi. Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that wasn't you in the wet suit then? It looks amazing. Strangely enough the next time we are in AZ we plan to visit the new Aquarium that's been built very close to our house there. Now I know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to hear that the aquarium opened. I like to go to aquarium.
    Yes, as you say there are so many various fish. I like the fifth photo, I feel like to be there, enjoying those fish with you,Shammic. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are fortunate to have such a great resource nearby. There's a nice marine aquarium in Tampa, Florida which we visited a few years ago. That was fun. But it's a bit of a drive from Ocala.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fantastic Shammi, excellent underwater images. Your Ripley's Aquarium looks so much like our https://www.aqwa.com.au/ Always fun to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like watching fish in aquariums. It calms me down. At home I have a small akwrium with fish. * Fortunately, the entrance to the castle at the gates it was just 600 meters away and the road was without stones, was simple. So I gave advice. Yours and I am pleased with me destruction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first pic reminds me of the lobsters in my local grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aquariums are great place to visit. They give such a sense of serenity! Beautiful and great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another reason I need to go to Toronto sometime

    ReplyDelete
  11. Newly built aquarium takes advantage of technological advancements. Such large tank was never seen in our childhood. You made me want to visit aquarium. I love the fourth and fifth photo.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any connection to the Believe It Or Not fellow?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Great photos! The trip to Ripley's Aquarium of Canada looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great aquarium and love your photos! So pleased we were able to enjoy it with you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..